what is the best diet plan to be on without working out...what can i do

cookieplus3

Asked by cookieplus3 at 6:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I've had the MOST success with The South Beach Diet. While you're only supposed to be on Phase I for 2 weeks, I found it so easy to follow, and I had so much energy, that I ended up staying on Phase 1 for over 4 MONTHS, before moving to Phase II. I ended up losing 48 pounds (post 2nd baby plus more that I wanted to lose), and NEVER worked out--sans the occasional walk. :o)

If you can eat a limited variety of foods or the basically the same thing everyday (Phase I), then this is the diet for you!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:16 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Slim Fast!
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 6:17 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Moderation in all things but if you can cut out things like soft drinks and add lots of water you should be fine if your metabolism is good. Make sure you eat several small meals (4) and 2 snacks a day. Keep calories down to 1600 - 2000. Even if you can't work out you can still 'work out' by doing stretches, resistance bands, weight training. You can do those while watching tv and there is no sweating to it. I lost 50 lbs with those simple changes in my lifestyle.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• You need to make sure you're eating a balanced diet, if you're going to do a 1200 calorie diet (the lowest amount of calories anyone should eat in a day) you need to make those 1200 calories count. For example, those 100-calorie packs? Yeah, they're only 100 calories, but they're not 100 quality calories, there's nothing in them that your body needs. Better to spend those 100 calories on fruit or granola. The Slim-Fast 3-2-1 plan is really easy.
    Live4HerSmile

Answer by Live4HerSmile at 6:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• No matter what you do you're going to gain the weight back after you starting eating normally again. No "diet" works. If you really want to lose weight you need to make a lifestyle change and get some exercise.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Atkins
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Cut out your junk foods, for starters. Then, take out all your crap drinks. Water, with Emergen-C or Crystal Light should be all that you need. Remember to keep yourself on a multivitamin. Smaller portions, and for exercise, get out and walk. Walking tones your whole body if you do it right.
    Vashtiruescode3

Answer by Vashtiruescode3 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• alli.. you will learn to eat better or pay for it in the toliet.. i lost over 85lbs or more on it.. I didn't work out but i do work in a feild that you don't sit EVER
    Jess22877

Answer by Jess22877 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i say find urself a walkin buddy nd walk a mile nd drink plenty of water thats helps no caffine is better.
    jess-is-da-best

Answer by jess-is-da-best at 1:09 AM on Jul. 26, 2010