In your current life situation at this moment...

If you were diagnosed with a terminal illness, given 3-5 years to live, and would be painfully suffering through it, would you choose to stay alive as long as you could suffering, or to end your life peacefully tomorrow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in

• I would want to stay alive as long as I could too for my son. It would be important to me to try and prepare him as best I could for what was going to happen and make sure that he had a great support system around him, letters, videos and other ways that he could remember me. Who knows maybe within that time a cure or treatment could be found for whatever illness I had.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• stay alive as long as I could- I would want as much time with my family as possible!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 6:19 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Stay alive as long as I could for my kids!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Stay alive as long as I could so I could be with my son as long as possible. I can take pain. Lots of pain.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 6:19 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would choose to say alive as long as I could. It's not just about me, it's about my kids and my husband, and my friends and family. It would be wrong to rob them of that time with me, it's a precious gift, time, I don't think I could waste it!
    WordSmyth

Answer by WordSmyth at 6:19 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• stay alive
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 6:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would stay alive for as long as possible for my kids.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would choose to stay alive as long as possible and find a way to deal with the pain.

Answer by older at 6:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would end it. We just watched my step mom their nana slowly die. They now wonder why she suffered so long.
    zadesmom1998

Answer by zadesmom1998 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Stay alive long enough to see my son start kinder, take him to Disney, graduate grad school, and spend time with my husband and son.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2010