what first

I would like to let my daughter start to wear some makeup what should I start her with?

christine121

Asked by christine121 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My rule was light pink eyeshadow and powder.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• how old is she? when i was 13/14 i was wearing everything. foundation,powder,eyeshadow,mascara. nouthing too slutty looking mind you. no bright blue eyeshadow etc.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 6:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• You could do some powder, light eye shadow, blush, and nude lip gloss for shine. Teach her to put it on to look natural rather than trashy. No eye liner or mascara
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• What does she want to start with? It might go better if you let her help determine what is permissable. Your ideas of makeup may not agree with hers or what is popular right now, and if you make her wear something she hates, she is going to rebel. I don't have a teenage girl, but I was one once, and I know I did NOT want my mom choosing my makeup for me! Lol.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 6:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• tinted moisturizer and mascara...maybe some subtle eyeshadow.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 6:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My daughter started with Lip Gloss, she luvs to collect them.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 6:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I was allowed to start with CLEAR mascara, lol! What a rip..you couldn't even see it, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:32 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 6:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Ask her what she would like to try. I remember when I was 14 and my mom let me start wearing makeup I used everything except mascara and eyeliner. I always put it on lightly. You can actually make a girls day out of it and take her to the store and you two can pick out makeup together for her to use.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• First, she has to want this.

I would take her to a store, like Sephora, for professional lessons (they have a nice, organic line). Starting in high school, we allow mascara, eyeliner, and sheer lipgloss

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2010