Is there anyone living in Florida who registered with School Choice for thier kids?

I registered my kids with School Choice in Tampa Florida hoping to get my kids into a better school that the one star schools they have regulated us to due to our location. However even though we picked many schools that were out of the way and many that were in rural areas just to get our kids in a decent rated school they are trying to tell us that all the seats were taken. I do not beleive this to be the case and I feel that they are segregating our children due to social standards. People who live in inner city and Urban areas all seem to have not been chosen to go to any of the 4 and 5 star schools. I need to find more moms who had the same or similar experience.
Please message me if you also applied for School Choice and you were turned down.
Thank You

Pudminkal

Asked by Pudminkal at 6:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in

• I didn't have a choice my daughter has to go to the school with the autism program!! So yes we applied for school choice and yes we got our school....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 10:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• you may want to ask this in the elementary school kids group http://www.cafemom.com/group/41

Answer by rkoloms at 10:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i'm not sure, but it does seem that way around here too... sorry!
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:37 PM on Jul. 27, 2010