What if????

I always needed alcohol to be social. I always have one drink and then that's it. And now I am married but he insists that I do not drink, although he gets high.
Is it possible I am with someone who does not respect me because of our age difference? We are 14 years apart.
I want to drink dam it!
My friend says that I should just pack my stuff and move in with her. That means driving 6 hours with all my stuff packed in my mini van.
Sometimes I feel hated by his family. Well at his neice's wedding she blew cigarette smoke out in my face. He just blew it off. I said nothing because she's his neice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't really think this has anything to do with an age difference. I think it is a control issue, and I would do something about it. Your a grown woman and if you want to have ONE drink when you feel like it, you should be able to.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I'd pack up an leave him...but not because he obviously believes in double standards (which in and of itself is beyond ridiculous), but because he's a druggie. Personally wouldn't want to raise my children around someone like that.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I think if it is to the point where the length of the drive has become a factor, then you probably need to leave him. Obviously I don't know nearly enough about the situation to tell you waht to do, but it sounds like you are ready to leave him but just haven't made the decision yet.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 6:54 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• If he is a druggie I wouldnt of married him in the first place, but I agree with AllAboutKeeley
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• 1) If you need a drink to be social, you have issues...even if it is just one.
    2) Since he gets high, he has issues too, and his judgement can't be trusted. And yes, he has controle issues ontop of that!
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 6:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• umm your a big girl drink if u want too
    and then leave his ass
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 6:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I agree with Nynne. Sounds like more issues than you telling. I wouldn't leave just because he didn't want me to drink.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i would say "look dude, you have your vice and i have mine"

i'm not gonna say you have "issues" because you have to have a drink to be social...i can understand..maybe it just loosens you up some, right? I will say though that it is all mental and you can get by this if you work on it.
    Maybe you guys can comprimise or maybe he just isnt the guy for you. I sure wouldnt let someone who smokes tell me i cant drink
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• wow--there sounds like there are alot of things wrong with your relationship--the first being, he should not INSIST you do or don't do anything....you are a grown up right??? Sounds a little like he treats you like a child rather than a partner-that could be from the age difference. Does he tell you what to do? How to dress? When you can go out? if so-he sounds controlling and that could very well lead to abuse.
    I could be wrong-I mean this is just based on a little blurb but if it bothers you then there is a problem---do you love him? DO you want things to be better? I would talk to him and tell him how you feel. I would also drop the "you can't drink" crap. If you want a drink-have one. If he blows up b/c of it then you have a bigger problem. If he won't listen to you or get help-you might want to re-think this relationship. Never let a man tell you what to do. It's a partnership...good luck!!!
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Bye bye! Thats what id say:)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2010