How did you "over-night potty train"?

My daughter is two and half, she's potty trained, she almost never has accidents. She did ok staying dry overnight a for about a week, but now she doesn't even wake up to go at night. (She does wake up, but not to go potty, just to make me crazy.) Regardless of when she has her last liquid, it's like she saves it up just to pee through her pull-up, lol.

Live4HerSmile

Asked by Live4HerSmile at 6:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It was about 6 months after my son was day time potty trained, that he became night time potty trained. We kept a pull up on him at nights only and we just made sure that he went to the potty before he went to bed, kept liquids before bed to a minimum, and we made sure there was sufficient light from his room to the bathroom so that he could get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night if he needed too.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Sometimes a child is 3, 4, even 6 or older before they are dry at night. There is a wide range what is normal just like any other milestone.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:10 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i tried to limit liquids after 7, and i have a plastic sheet and a matress pad cover and 2 other pad thingys and then his bed sheet, so if he does pee in the middle of the night ijust have to take off the top sheet an dpad, and he can go right back to bed without waking him up. I mean he'll have accidents from time to time, but as long as he doesnt drink like crazy after he's fine
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 7:00 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My youngest just decided she wasn't going to wear diapers anymore, period. So far she had never had a night time accident. But my oldest took a long time to be night trained. She was A little over 3. I finally just quit putting a pull up or diaper on her and she would wet the bed and she absolutely hated the wet bedding so after a couple times she stopped.

DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Give it some time, she is still so young. I just waited until they were waking up consistently with dry pull-ups.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Sometimes the night time thing comes later much later (as in years later), but what I did with mine was once they woke up 5 mornings with dry pull ups then I went with NO pull up ever again. yes they had many accidents, but they hated to be wet and the pull up would have made them not feel wet.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2010