Does facebook affect your marriage?

When i first used(2yrs ago) my Ex contacted me I told my hubby and i removed him out of respect for my husband. But would you converse with someone who you dated or who showed feelings towards you even though your married?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 7:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Not if it bothered my SO.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Facebook does not affect my marriage but I have seen it reek havoc on other relationships. I converse with people I've dated before but its nothing more then a "hello how you been", anything past that would/could cause problems.
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Not at all.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 7:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I have heard people wanting to meet up with there ex or a friend they had a crush. I have heard that women / men spending so much time on that site that it does affect a relationship.. It is really sad and I don't see how people can get so caught up with it they can't break away from what there doing even though it is wrong.
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• no not at all just like i exspect him to do the same. dh and i had a big falling out over myspace tho. he was talking to this skany looking women and yeah it was an old freind but still. but he removed her and doesnt talk to her anymore.
    but facebook actually helps us right now hes overseas and can write thing on my wall and its nice
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Sandraberke: He can't email you or call you?

It seems like everyone is so interested with the status of there FB they disconnent physically
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would not contact them if my DH didn't want me to. I do have ex's that I am friends with but that is all it is and DH knows that- same with him (he has ex's that he is just friends with now and that's fine) there was one on his that was causing problems between us and he respectfully removed her and I would do the same for him...
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 7:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• oh yes he can call once a day for 30 minute and email me if he ever gets a chance its just something extra and nice to wake up and check my facebook and see an i love you on my wall : )
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It personally doesnt effect our marriage. But I have seen it destroy other's lives. Marriage, friendships, family. All I can say is you choose what to write and you choose who to be friends with.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 7:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• me and my SO get into some stupid fights over things on facebook .. like who were friends with, and who we talk too.. but thats cuz were both really jealous people, but then we get over it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2010