Please help me on where to start with potty training. i thought i knew what i was doing but it doesnt seem to be working

My daughter is 18 months and she shows an interest in training and does pretty well but she seems to be more preoccupied with playing.

Brooklynsmom119

Asked by Brooklynsmom119 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Thats where you are going wrong. Most kids don't potty train at 18 months. Just leave the potty out and she will let you know whe.n she is ready
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I'm waiting for answers too lol. My daughter is like a week and 1/2 away from 18 months and I'm going to start then.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 7:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• every kid in my family started potty training around 16 months and were fully trained by 2. my daughter is constantly taking off her diapers and she uses the potty when shes on it. she tells me when she has to go but her timing is still off of course but she gets the concept
    Brooklynsmom119

Comment by Brooklynsmom119 (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Don't worry about it then. It sounds like you're doing ok. She's just in the "can play, will play" age.

Make it a game maybe, like she can do the "potty dance" after she uses it or maybe she gets to play with a special toy while on it. Make it more entertaining and she'll have fun with it.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 8:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• You can't use the modern potty training methods which is designed to be done exceedingly late. She's not too young!

Read this and you will be successful: Path to a Diaper free baby
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:01 AM on Jul. 26, 2010