Is it ok if a child consistantly wants you to look at his weiner? adult content

I babysit this little boy and he always says something is wrong with his man part, and wants me to look at it, and not only that but he always wants to go pee in public is this normal for a 4 year old?

Danielle55

Asked by Danielle55 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i would not think so i have a 4 year old and he doesent do this, he also refuses to use the bathroom anywhere beside a bathroom,
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:10 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Mention it to his parents. There could be something wrong with his plumbing. You should decline to look at it unless you are looking for something specific. Redness, swelling, and the like. he should be old enough to tell you if it burns when he pees or something like that, but all you can do is relay the information to his parents so they can make an appointment. And yes to a point it is pretty typical behavior.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• When they find their little penis the fascination never ends!

Answer by older at 8:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• ROFL! An exhibitionist in training! Pee in public like on the ground,or in bushes?Sounds like he was trained by being allowed to go outdoors. As far as the looking at it,I'd talk to his mom about that. Worst case scenario he's being abused. Or maybe he's just fascinated with it and wants to have you share in its glory!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• As for wanting to show it.....my boys don't do that but they think they should be allowed to pee everywhere. I blame it on my DH for teaching them to pee when they're outside :0
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:13 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• could he have an infection? I would talk to the parents about it and see what they say. as far as peeing in public if dad does it or they've let him then it's something he thinks is ok. If he shows signs of mabe being too sexual and says things that make oyu believe he may have been abused then I would be concerned more may be going on.If thats the case then I would call child division -ONLY IF YOU BELIEVE HE S BEING SEXUALLY ABUSed
    boys that age are curious so this may just be a fase. my son went therew that at about 5yrs od and it passed quick
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 8:13 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would talk to his mom about it if it does hurt it wouldn't hurt to have a doctor look into what could be wrong. My three year old is very interested in his penis and sometimes you have to remind them that they are private parts and to use the bathroom in private.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• When they discover it...they want everyone to look at it and they take advantage f every opportyunity they get to whip it out in public and pee....they get especially happy when we get horrified by them doing this...they are proud, lol. And..I think most of them never ever outgrow the need to show it off,pull it out, compare or touch it. Yes indeed. Boys and thier man parts...oh boy :/
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:16 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• There might actually be something wrong with it to him.
    As far as peeing in public.. Oh yea that's normal.
    Bring it up to his parents and see what they think.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I have 3yr old and 5 yr old boys, and the 3yr old is always wanting to pee in public. He did it one day at home and i was so embarassed at first because people were driving by. I had to realize though that he was only three. My boys don't mess with their private parts. As far as him saying something is wrong with it he may be hurting or something. Like some of the other ladies mentioned i would tell his parents to be safe.
    Momofboys22

Answer by Momofboys22 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2010