Is this normal?

I have this dog that I just got and she has a problem with me, she is fine with everyone else but she acts scared of me, could this be because I am pregnant and she knows it?

Danielle55

Asked by Danielle55 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Pets

• could be- animals can sence these things
    lovmyhubby

Answer by lovmyhubby at 8:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• possibly.
    RoseWall

Answer by RoseWall at 8:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Could be anything. One of my dogs can't stand anyone that is high strung in nature, just will absolutely not accept them the way she will anyone else. Do you know her past?
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Yes! I have been a Vet Tech for many years. Dogs will act different when they know a woman is pregnant.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 8:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Could be. Also could be that she's heard you yell or act in a certain way that has scared her. Just be very gentle and calm around her and hopefully she comes around.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I have been pregnant 3 times and each time i have been around dogs and i have never had this situation. Hopefully she will come around soon.
    Momofboys22

Answer by Momofboys22 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Maybe you have a smell about you that reminds her of something unpleasant.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• You might remind your dog of someone that has abused him- i would try to spend time with him alone- praising him alot & taking him on walks- i am sure he will come around in time- Good Luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:30 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• My friend has a dog that growls at her. It is nice to every one else in the family except her and she feeds the stupid thing. Who knows? HOw long have you had it?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 27, 2010