Today is my 2nd year wedding anniversary!

But my husband is in Germany. :(

Not sure what i should do. I did just treat myself and the kids to some ice cream (a rarity around here). But i don't know how else to celebrate. DH has already gone to sleep for the night (they are 9 hours ahead of us here in Cali). I don't really have anyone to watch the kids so if i do something they'd have to come along.

Ideas? ...i feel so depressed. last year we dressed up in our wedding attire and pranced around town as if we'd just gotten married! LOL it was so much fun.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 8:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh Hun... I am sorry he isn't here. But I, and millions of other Americans are thankful for his service! The sacrifice you are both making is HUGE and I thank you! You should remember why he is there and the freedoms he is working for and how they effect all Americans! And BE PROUD! He is a Hero!

Big Hugs to you!

Maybe you can write him a love letter talking about how much you miss him and all the love you have for him. Talk about your wedding day and your first anniversary and how much you you are looking forward to 80 more anniversaries.

Big hugs to you!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Congrats! I am so sorry he is not there to be with you!!! spend some time looking at your wedding photos, and relive the moment, be with him in spirit.

Answer by older at 8:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• congratulationsSorry your husband couldn tbe there to share this day with you! I can't imagine how tough that must be. Don't know what you could go out and do...but maybe you can wear one of his shirts to bed and look at wedding photos with the kids. Don't be sad! Just try to make the most of it. Hopefully he will be home with you next year! :)

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Aww congrats on your anniversary! It's tough when you have to celebrate by yourself though. My dh was deployed for our first anniversary and it was difficult. I celebrated by wishing him a happy anniversary on fb and looking at our wedding pictures. It sounds like you're already having more fun than I did! lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Congratulations! I'm sorry you are by yourself:(

My hubby travelled a lot when my kids were small, we would have our own parties to celebrate whatever came up and to drive the blues away.

Also dancing on the beach in the moonlight!
    kerryket

Answer by kerryket at 8:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Congratulations on your anniversay. I am sorry that your husband couldn't be there to celebrate with you. I hope that you find a way to have a great night anyway.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• bunch of roses

I'm sorry he's not there. Next year you'll have to make it double as fun! 

LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• hugsway to go

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2010