Does the program "MY BABY CAN READ" really work?????

i was thinking about buying this product for my children i wanted to no if it really works...in the past i did buy a program called baby bumble bee and i give it five stars...my kids loved it. my sons have autism and they know a few word but after buying that product he learn 64 words but it only worked on my oldest son so now i want to try :MYbaby can read" to see if my kids will benifit from it.....

gela2421

Asked by gela2421 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Listen, you can do the same exact thing that, that company claims it can do without paying a dime. It is simply showing them a word, showing them a picture or doing the action (Elephant for elephant, clap for clap), and saying the word alloud. That's all. That is absolutely all there is to it. You will be better off not paying the money and making your own flash cards at home.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I agree with Jazz. I did this with my now 4 year old.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I do not believe that it has an educational value whatsoever! All it does is teach memorization.. Your child will be able to read the word, sure, but will have no idea what the true meaning of the word is.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Define "work"? Can it get your kid to say the words that they see in the videos and flash cards? Maybe. Will it have a lasting impact on your child's education? I really doubt it. A baby/toddler doesn't need to read, it is not developmentally appropriate. It is like building a house without a foundation. The house may look impressive in the short term, but in the long term it falls down.
    You are much better off spending your time and money building your child's foundation for reading. Read to them, sing to them, build with blocks, dig in the sand, take them to the zoo, talk to them and limit screen time.
    I'm a reading specialist and I would never use it or recommend it.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Anything you expose a baby to enough they can learn. My twins watch it and they haven't learned to read but they sure have learned the words and will act them.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I doubt it "works."
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:01 AM on Jul. 26, 2010