Are your kids allowed to eat in their room?

Are they allowed to take snacks in their room, or do they have to eat them in the kitchen? What about drinks?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 8:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Heck no! Eating is for the kitchen only in our house. Do you know what I found in my sons closet one time? A PORK CHOP! LOL. Yeah...no eating in the bedrooms...my son is just too dang messy about it. If it were up to him..he'd have pizza that was 2 months old up inder his bed,and God only knows what else. Not there with the daughter yet...but yeah..she'll most likely have to eat in the kitchen too,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• He can eat anywhere he wants. As long as its not red Kool-aid,he can drink anywhere too.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• No. Only in kitchen, dining room, and living room.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I tried letting my kids eat snacks in their room but I put a stop to it, they would have crumbs all over the place and wrappers stuffed behind the bed, it was a mess. Every now and then I'll let them have popcorn while watching a movie but thats my limit.
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Kitchen and dinning room only. They make a big enough mess as it is without getting food every where as well!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• No way! I do not want cockroaches lol
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 8:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• NO! ONLY IN KITCHEN AND BREAKFAST NOOK MAYBE POC CORN IF WATCHING A MOVIE IN FAMILY ROOM..
    MAMI_D_5

Answer by MAMI_D_5 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Mine have never really wanted to eat in their room. I would tell them no though.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Nope, they abused that privilege and lost it.  Eating at the table is a good habit, keeps the mess in one place, we have family meals together as much as possible.

eating

kerryket

Answer by kerryket at 8:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Nope! Not that they don't sneak food during the early morning...like ceral, or yogourt from the fridge. Lol like they are starving! My kids could eat all day if they could!
    Food is only allowed in the kitchen, dinning room, and livingroom <---we eat there majority of the time, they have a kid size table there
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2010