peridontal disease...anyone have it?

If you did/do...did you have the deep root cleaning? Was it very painful?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• no, it was fine.. it really can depend on the person who does it too though..
    I read about it online & was horrified! But did just fine & I hate going to the dentist! I always bring in my ipod it helps me relax, drowns out all the sounds & really seems to help pass the time.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• no, it was fine. just opt for the numbing
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• yes i have and to tell you the truth it feels good to get your gums cleaned. Honestly you don't need to be numbed it just feels like a deep cleaning the first time may hurt just a little bit but after that you find that it helps and you feel better afterward.
    mommy2b924

Answer by mommy2b924 at 10:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Root planing cleanings are VERY painfull for some people. Invest in tarter controll pre-rinses, tarter controll tooth paste and brush at least twice a day and brush for at least 4 minutes each time you brush. DRINK LOTS more water as well. Not enough water intake will help tarter and plaque to form on your teeth and under your gum line. Your dentist SHOULD have told you all this though.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:53 AM on Jul. 27, 2010

• Having it this week,with numbing and laser. Apparently the way they used to do it was extremely painful and uncomfortable.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 4:41 PM on Aug. 3, 2010