When You're Depressed And Having A Rough Day....

Do you vent to someone? When I'm feeling depressed I don't feel like talking to anyone, and yet I feel like I need to talk to someone.... and yet I fear that if I do it will make them think badly about me, or that it will just make me seem ridiculous since I'm complaining about the life I chose and normally love, like I should just suck it up when I'm having a hard time. UGH! I just don't know what to do anymore.... it's like it's terrible to hold it all in.... and yet I don't feel like I have anyone I can talk to =( *sigh* See... stupid little pity party.... =/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Health

• everybody complains about there life. its good to get things off your chest. everyone gets depressed in a bood mood. you shouldnt feel uncomfortable talking to your mom, or friends or sister or husband if your having a bad day, feel depressed, or just need to complain. i do it all the time. if you need someone to talk too, add me
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Writing it down can help. I don't tell people my business anymore, somehow it tends to bite me in the butt. If it builds up to much in me I just talk to myself and slowly relax it all away.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Sometimes I vent a little online and sometimes I just eat ice cream.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I feel the same way as you sometimes! Those times I feel like maybe I should tell my husband because I know he can sense it, but I think I'm to afraid that I'll admit to myself that I don't always feel like I can do it, or I feel like I'm not good enough. I think I'm afraid that admitting it to someone makes those feeling true. But then the times I admit to my husband how I'm feeling he makes me feel better just by being there and loving me.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I complain about all of the small stuff and hold the stuff I actually care about it. I've been practicing talking it out with my SO and it helps a lot.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 8:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I agree to write it down.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• ooh ooh I'll join your pity party! I feel this way too - about wanting to vent but worrying what folks will think of me. I am so glad I have an awesome best friend that I can call up and vent to. I can say "This isn't at all what I really think, but..." and just go off, and I know she'll know exactly how to take it.

So... I just wanted to let you know you're not crazy! Is there a CafeMom friend or group you can vent to? I have found tons of support (for everything) here!

Hugs!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2010