Do you ever feel like you are in a hole so deep you can't get back out?

My husband and I finished school and got decent jobs. But our student loans are killing us. I feel like we are still living pay check to pay check. We are trying to dig out of this hole but it is crazy. We don't want for anything it just feels like we are never going to break even. Any ideas on how to make this easier?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• DH and I are having to borrow the max while going back to school for our RN's- it is scary but our plan is to live on one income and pay off with the other. Also some careers have loan forgiveness if you work in a needy area (depending on what you do-like teaching or nursing) so you could look into that!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 8:54 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• consolidate, call them and ask the lender for lower payments, try to defer your loans for 6 months or a year and keep making payments while you don't have to....
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 25, 2010