Has anybody ever had any luck with intercourse inducing your labor? adult content

I am 3 days past due and my hubby and I have been trying to speed things up by having intercourse but the only thing that ever happens is that I get these major contractions that literally feel like back labor! I get pain in my abdomen, lower back, hips and thighs. The contractions are even regular at 3 min apart for hours but then they gradually go away. "False labor" I hate going thru that pain for no reason. We are going to attempt a 3rd time but i am a little nervous. Hopefully the pain will lead to someplace this time. I have been having contractions all day long so maybe this last time will do the trick. Has this happened to anybody else but then eventually worked? Let me know your story and or your thoughts. Thanks a bunch ladies!

JanetElizabeth

Asked by JanetElizabeth at 8:56 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I walked for 4 hours straight and had intercourse befor walking. Went into labor and dialated to 4 when I got to the hospital.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Semen has prostaglandins that can help ripen the cervix, if it's ready. If baby isn't ready to come out though, it's just not going to work, baby might just need to cook a little longer =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I hate walking lol. It hurts so bad! I have way to much pressure on my bladder and cervix! I cant believe that the intercourse hasnt worked the 3 times we have tried bc a week ago i was told that I am 3 centimeters dilated!
    JanetElizabeth

Comment by JanetElizabeth (original poster) at 8:59 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It only worked for me to speed up labor. I was contracting every 5 minutes for 10 hours, no change. We had sex, I had the big O and he came in me. I stayed laying down for 30 minutes and my contractions started coming faster and harder. I was a two when I went to the hospital an hour later and walked for 3 hours and had my baby an hour after that.

make sure to orgasm and stay laying down for at least an hour.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• me!!! but make sure you get to the finish line, too... I think the earth shaking shakes em lose a little better.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• we did it 3 days in a row and finally at 4 am my water broke! make sure u get the big O too! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• It worked for me with 2 of my 3 kids. Having sex without using a condom put me into labor at 35 weeks. I think I would've on my own though regardless. Sex will only help if your body is already getting ready on it's own.
    Chey1386

Answer by Chey1386 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Remember that dilation isn't necessarily a sign of labor / being ready for labor.
    It is a sign that the body is preparing for it, though!
    So 3 cm means you're closer than 2 cm, but not that you should necessarily be in labor asap...
    It will happen ~eventually!
    ;-)

Listen to your body, too!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:52 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Went 9 days past my due date, and sex might have induced labor, had my DH decided that he was hitting the babies head and refused to have sex with me! I blamed him everyday that I went over my due date. (he did have sex with me like twice, but it didn't help)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 3:07 AM on Jul. 26, 2010