Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im i being inconsiderate or im standing up for what is right? read below

this morning my 2 month old son's dad texted me. saying "just saying good morning.... and just checking on him how is he? i was really tired so didnt read the til like a hour after he sent it. so since i didnt respond i guess in his time frame he texts back "no answer its cool u have a nice day." so i didnt text back or call. he hasnt done anything for my son but donate his sperm. he wants to see the baby at his own convenience. he says he cant do anything because my parent dislike him is that b.s or what. i asked him to go half with for our son's circumsion he said ok and has not repaid me. i had to pay $500.00 for the procedure. should i continue to ignore his calls and texts because he doesnt help me at financially. or am i wrong????


Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (17)
  • F**K NO! Do NOT doubt yourself mama. Being a "father" or "daddy" is earned. He obviously doesn't want to be a part of this kid's life so you shouldn't have to make any effort there. If he wants to see his kid HE will make it happen no matter what. In the mean time, just ignore him.

    You already have a kid, you don't need to take care of another child (i.e. HIM).

    Answer by Deathlilly at 9:16 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

  • I believe you are wrong. This isn't about you, this is about your son. You shouldn't stand in the way for a relationship...any kind of relationship...between the two. You keep ignoring the father and he'll eventually go you really think that would be best for your son?

    Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

  • Any dick can make a baby, but it takes a real man to be a dad.
    Loose the sperm donor, and get your child support from him - take him to court and make him pay for what he needs to take of in the first place.

    I have no nice things or sympathy for dead beat dads. Mine is a dead beat, and I know too many like who donated for your little guy.

    If you don't want child support, and can make it without that, then congrats for you! But really, a court ordered support check is always nice to have - you can put it in a savings account for your son so he has something in the future.

    Answer by Vashtiruescode3 at 9:14 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

  • Try to maintain a reasonable relationship with your son's father, if it is only to let him see the baby occasionally. He is financially responsible for half of the child's care, so talk to him about that and let him know that if he does not pay, you will go to court. While this may create a strain on your relationship, your child deserves to be supported by both parents. Tell him that you want to maintain a friendly relationship with him, but the baby is half his responsibility. Hopefully, he will agree and start supporting your son.

    Answer by neebug3766 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

  • you should take him to court for child support

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:11 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

  • Well, he DID ask about his son. Your child has to have a relationship with his Dad.
    I don't think YOU can expect much for yourself since you are not married to the Dad,you know. But possibly his Dad should contribute some child support.
    THIS is why I always say it s best to be married...happily...before you have a chld. The legal issues are something you have to consider before having a baby,not to mention the family unit which is best for children.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

  • Sounds like you've got a major chip on your shoulder. What you quoted him as sending sounded like he's trying to put effort in, but you're just blocking because you're pissed. Maybe he will help if you'll be less hostile.

    Answer by coder_chick at 12:59 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • short answer.....yes. it's gotta be all in when it comes to caring for your little ones.

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

  • I meant to say don't put up with his BS and excuses,not that you were wrong.

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

  • Take him to court and get cs and get the money back that he agreed to pay for the circumcision.

    Answer by admckenzie at 9:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2010