swimwear for baby

as soon as my newborn's cord falls off, i want to take him in my grandmother's pool. however, i can only find little swimmers for bigger babies. my DS is only about 8 pounds now, and i was wondering where i could find a swim diaper small enough for him. any suggestions?

ucancallmemommy

Asked by ucancallmemommy at 9:27 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've never seen them that small. If you take him in the pool you'll have to be very careful because of the chlorine affecting his sensitive baby skin.

colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• don't they have x-small swim diapers? i think we got ours from toys r us or babys r us... they should have them for babies that small.
    hisemma

Answer by hisemma at 9:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i have never seen them that small
    momof4onesApup

Answer by momof4onesApup at 10:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I've never seen them that small, sorry. Just a bit of friendly advice though (besides sunscreen :) )....Be careful, you don't want him to catch cryptosporidiosis (an infection of the small intestine that is caused by the Parasite cryptosporidium whose main symptom is diarrhea) at that young of an age. Good luck hunting!
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 10:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Honestly you wont find them that small i would recomend using a huggies diaper and just go in the pool with him for a little bit when they are that young it takes a little bit for them to get use to it so it may take you a few times before he likes it.
    mommy2b924

Answer by mommy2b924 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• nicky's diapers have cloth ones called monkey doodlze
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2010