"overweight" ha!

Ok so here's the stiuation, I am roughly 5'6" and my "normal" weight range is 135. All i know is that if i EVER was that weight, i would be litterally skin and bone. At the moment, i'm assumeing i weigh round-about 200, and my son is 3 months. I feel overweight cause i look down and see stretch marks and a belly that looks preggo still. But there is absolutly NO way i will ever be "normal' [but that's nothing new].My question, who is the person that thinks someone my height's "normal" range is that small? [me, 135? that's funny] Also, anyone concider that some girls are either athletic or, like me, have an athletic build aka muscle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm 5'6 and before I got pregnant I was 117. I wasnt skin and bones, I had a nice shape to me. Now 2 months after having the baby I am at 135 and still want to lose some weight because I cant fit into any of my pre-pregnancy jeans, and that is my goal at this point.
    samantha8886

Answer by samantha8886 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I agree with you. I am not overweight but by the standards I am. I am 5'3 and weigh 134. I wear a size 5 and I am classified as overweight. I do have an athletic build and I was a runner until last year so I carry most of my weight in my legs. What I have learned is that as long as you feel good about yourself then screw society. A woman who walks with confidence is much more attractive than one who is scrawny and to tired to hold her head up...
    mommygreeneyes

Answer by mommygreeneyes at 4:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Well I am 5 ' 2" and I am currently at 144. That is considered overweight. Ideally I feel best at 125.. That is why I am trying to lose about 20 lbs. The standards are put there for health concerns mostly. But I have gained about 14 lbs over the past three years and I can sure tell on how I feel...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:03 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I am 5' 6", and the skinniest I have ever been was 165. I felt very healthy and sexy at that weight, and had no desire to lose more. As long as you feel ok with your weight, then don't worry about what's considered "normal"
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 6:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Are you going by height/weight charts or BMI? BMI seems to be closer to reality, but still a little unreasonable sometimes. I'm 5'4" 185lbs...obviously overweight...but the idea that i should be under 130lbs doesn't make sense to me either.

Also, I wonder if these charts ever take breast size into consideration.  I'm a 42DD.  I'd look really funny at 130lbs with these big ole boobs!

Babujai

Answer by Babujai at 7:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I am also 5'6", and weigh about 160. I am miserable! I again weight around my middle. Small hips and thighs. I feel my best weighing around 140.
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 10:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• What's your BMI and body fat percentage?? If you're an athletic build with muscle you wouldn't look down and see a bunch of fat. I'm the same height as you and weigh about 175lbs. I have obvious muscle definition in my arms and but. My stomach not so much right now but I just had a baby 2wks ago.
    roxy85

Answer by roxy85 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• that does seem low for that height. But it depends on your body frame too. My goal is to weigh 130 and I am almost 5'4". Thats my suggested weight for my body frame though so maybe you need to be sure your looking at weights that are for your body type.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I'm 5'6" but have always been on the thinner side... the weight when I felt healthiest was 116, freshman year of college when I was walking everywhere and taking dance class and stuff.
    Now I'm 135-140 and feel really big (for my norm).
    Someone else my same height/weight may be in better shape than me though, if they're more toned (I'm a little softer).
    I also have a very small frame... my wrists are tiny and I have to buy children's watches!
    ChapelleCDH

Answer by ChapelleCDH at 3:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My advice is to be where you think is right for you. All these ridiculous charts the dr.'s have on what is "normal" are a big joke, I swear. When I was pregnant with my son I lost 67 pounds due to a medical condition. When he was 1 month old, I was wearing a size 7 and according to the doctors idea of normal, I was overweight. B.S., I say.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 12:56 AM on Oct. 5, 2008