edit to my mother in law has shingles.

I have a one year old that is not vaccinated yet for chicken pox. I have had chicken pox, and the older two have completed their vaccines.

Now. My question is this. If any of the vaccinated parties go around her, does that put the baby at risk? Even if I don't let the baby near her?

sorry, I added more detail in the other question later on, but sometimes people don't look in the answers/

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Health

• best bet,keep everyone away.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• no,they can't carry it home.Mostly its contacted by the lesions getting pus into open skin of someone,or them getting coughed or sneezed on. YUM. Remember,its a herpes virus.It's like getting a cold sore from kissing someone because you swap saliva laced with the virus.

• Shingles are just a reactivation of the chicken pox virus that stays in you after having chicken pox. It is not herpes.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/shingles/shingles-topic-overview

Info about shingles
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• If it is chicken pox, I would let the child around her to get it over with. Better to have it at 1 year old than school age or adult. No need ot bash, ladies.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:00 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Gertie,Shingles is also known as "herpes zoster"

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• butterfly is correct. the medical terminology for shingles is herpes zoster. I've done other research besides just asking here, but I can't find anything about second party transference.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• The best bet is to keep your child away from the person with the shingles until they have scabbed over.
    nebraskamamaof2

Answer by nebraskamamaof2 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 26, 2010