Good books?

Anyone have some suggestions for good books to read? I just graduated college and I was so busy then that I never read for pleasure and I would like to start again..???

shortleo

Asked by shortleo at 9:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Depends on your interests, but my favorite authors are Nora Roberts, James Patterson and Nicholas Sparks. Try The Search by Nora Roberts. It his her latest.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• try cheslea handler's books, they're easy fun reads otherwise jodi picoult or nicholas sparks have some great books
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• What are you interested in? I personally like series. I enjoyed the Left Behind series, it's 12 books.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I love classics and cannon literature... don't know how much you got of that in your prereqs or what major you were. I love Thomas Hardy, Emily Bronte, William Faulkner. More modernly, I love Kurt Vonnegut, Chuck Pahlaniuk, and Wally Lamb. But those are all male protagonist authors. On non-fiction, definitely read The Continuum Concept. :)
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I found a new author. Chelsea Cain. She has a series of 3. Heartsick, Sweetheart and Evil at Heart. It's a great suspense/thriller series.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Tess Gerritson...She is Awesome!!! This is the order.....

The Surgeon
    The Apprentice
    The Sinner
    Body Double

She writes CSI/Law&Order style books but from the point of view of the Medical Examiner, so you get a CSI/ER mix and they are so so good.

I am also a HUGE James Patterson fan. The Women's Murder Club books are really good. So is the Alex Cross series.

If you like more of the "Chick Flick in a Book" style. The Texas and Vegas series by Fern Michaels is really good.

I like the Left Behind series, but you have to be open to other interpretations of the Bible to read it. I found myself argueing with the books so much, that I stopped enjoying them. Also, DAN BROWN...The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons and The Lost Symbol......all incredible reads
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:00 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• The Spellman Files (hilarious book about a chic working for her family's private investigation business the first of a for-book series). Terry Pratchett's books (fantasy, social commentary, humor - exquisite!). Barbara Kingsolver - all excellent - start with The Bean Trees - I guarantee you will love it! About a tough Kentucky girl who ends up in Arizona with an adopted toddler.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 10:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I just read Bridges of Madison County. It's an old book and I have been intending to read it for quite some time, but never got to it. I finally finished it and it was a really good story, short and an easy read.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 10:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• If you like mystery/suspense/spy stuff, David Balducci is fabulous. His first book was Absolute Power which became a Clint Eastwood Movie and his latest book First Family has to be his best to date. I have read them all. Michael Connelly is one of the best detective/mystery writers. His recurring character Detective Bosh is great. Nelson DeMille "Gold Coast" is excellent as are all of James Patterson's stuff. :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:37 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• If you want something good for laughs any of Janet Evanovich's books are good. Very quirky and hilarious!
    SillyBoysX2

Answer by SillyBoysX2 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 29, 2010