Lesser of the two evils?!?

How many people are voting a certain way because they feel that person is the lesser of the two evils? If you could vote for anyone who would you like to see run the country? Why?

njmommy2boys

Asked by njmommy2boys at 4:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Answered at 4:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 by: faile I happen to think that voting this year would be a huge mistake for the country. I'm choosing not to vote out of protest that there isn't a good enough candidate. What good can possibly come from voting in someone who everyone knows won't do a good job? 

I suggest you don't bother to complain about one thing that happens as a result of the election then, because you have absolutely no say.  Refusing to vote in this extremely important year tells the rest of the world nothing.  It says NOTHING!!!  But if you voted, vote a 3rd party then, fill in the answer, but your excuse means nothing.  You're not taking a stand, you're showing that you just. don't. care.

Jeangenie

Answer by Jeangenie at 5:54 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I happen to think that voting this year would be a huge mistake for the country. I'm choosing not to vote out of protest that there isn't a good enough candidate. What good can possibly come from voting in someone who everyone knows won't do a good job?
    faile

Answer by faile at 4:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I totally understand the protesting thing but unfortunately not enough people will jump on that bandwagon so...I am voting for the lesser of the two evils. Unless I write myself in. Ha Ha
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 5:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• This is the first election in a long time where I am genuinely impressed by a candidate. Although in the last several elections I felt as though I was choosing the lesser of two evils, this time I will vote for a promising candidate. I couldn't be more thrilled.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 5:11 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Answered at 4:50 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 by: faile
    I happen to think that voting this year would be a huge mistake for the country. I'm choosing not to vote out of protest that there isn't a good enough candidate. What good can possibly come from voting in someone who everyone knows won't do a good job? Report this answer

What may I ask are you proactively doing to end the two party control in this country? Besides sitting out an election... how are you contributing to changing things ?
    sonnytook

Answer by sonnytook at 5:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I can honestly say I would have whole heartly voted for Hilary. Unfortunately since she did not make the cut. I will still be voting for someone who i believe is better to run this country then his opponent. In a way you are always choosing to vote for who you think is the lesser of the 2 evils. I will also add that hopefully the next person to be elected will be about to fix some of the mess that Bush has created.
    Anonymous

• I actually believe there are two very good candidates this year. It took me a lot of time and research to decide who I'm voting for. I agree with a pp that in the previous elections we had that choice.

I don't have an answer for your second part of the question. There are too many people out there that I think would do a good job at running the country.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I have never voted for "the lesser of two evils". I have always voted for the candidtate I thought best matched what I wanted to see in government. Unfortunately, I ihave yet to vote for someone who actually does what he says he will do - except for Clinton. He was pretty good.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I'm voting for Obama, not the lesser of two evils.

I disagree that people should vote just to vote.
    ...Ruth...

Answer by ...Ruth... at 6:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• faile:
    I happen to think that voting this year would be a huge mistake for the country. I'm choosing not to vote out of protest that there isn't a good enough candidate. What good can possibly come from voting in someone who everyone knows won't do a good job?

This is probably one of the most important elections in our history. What good will not voting do? To say that everyone knows that these candidates won't do a good job is crazy. I am voting for Obama. He was not my first choice but after my guy didn't make it, I took the time to educate myself about Sen. Obama and now I feel confident in my choice.

If you don't vote then you have not right to complain about the direction our country goes.

CindyT123

Answer by CindyT123 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2008