What do I put in carry on?

This is my first vacation with SO without the kids. Going to the carribbean. What should I make sure is in my carry on vs. checked baggage?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Travel

• I agree with at least one change of clothes, also a swim suit. Our luggage was lost on our honeymoon!! I didn't have any clothes and we spent the first day in Aruba hanging out in JEANS in the hot Caribbean sun... not the best wardrobe choice!!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would make sure to have at least one extra change of cloths. Just in case luggage is lost or misplaced. If it were me, I would put tylenol and or...dramamine... :) I get sick a lot on trips.

Also a good magazine or book.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:09 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Underwear! What if your checked bags get lost! just a pair or two, but you want them! I would also bring a couple of magazines and my ipod. a couple tampons or pads.. you never know! A good book and some snacks. The airlines are so expensive for any food now. Maybe a few pics of your kids, you might miss them!

HAVE A GREAT TIME! I am totally jealous! I want a vacation with my dh and no kids!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Why do you need to check a bag? It sounds like you may be overpacking.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Things you're going to need while on the flight. A change of clothes for the kids, snacks (no liquids), entertainment for the kiddos, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:19 PM on Jul. 25, 2010