my period?

well basically i was just wondering about periods. My husband says that i have a tendency of getting it during a special day wether it be christmas, new year, valentines or his birthday which is the begining of the month and even on my birthday which is the middle of the month 3 months after this. I know we cant control when we get it or when we dont but has this hapen to anyone?? is this normal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Health

• You can control it if you are on birth control. It just happens to be crappy luck I guess.

I loved being on birth control b/c if I had a really special occasion or something you can skip the week of placebos and you will not have a period that month.

Now that is not good to do all the time...not healthy...at least I dont think it is....but once in a while you can do this.

They even make birth control where you only have 3 periods a year...etc. not sure if this is healthy or not either, but you can talk to your DR.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I could be that your cycle just happens to fall on those days. Is your cycle regular?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Your period generally comes every 28 days so every month it will be around a different time of the month. It doesn't come on or around the same day every month. For example, if you begin your period July 4th then your next period will come around July 31st. You count from the day you begin your period. So one month it will be the beginning of the month and a few months later it could be the middle.
    Mrs-Mack

Answer by Mrs-Mack at 10:23 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• The only things I know to have an affect on periods is stress and other women around you :

1) If stress is a factor, it normally will have the affect of making it stay away longer than usual.
    2) When we surround ourself w/ women (on the job or @ school or room mates) our periods tend to synchronize, so they fall around the same time.

Other than that, only pregnancy/breastfeeding and birth controle will have an effect.....so as for you....I think it's just coinsidence :)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 10:54 PM on Jul. 25, 2010