felt like I never left high school...sigh..

Yeah I'll admit it ... I'm a stay at home momma and love it for 24 plus years, went to my 25 year high school reunion yesterday. 1st one I've been able to attend , as I'm sitting in the hall contemplating how in the world I can leave - and am about to when a sweet person looked at me sitting alone and wanted to know if I'd join their table. I felt like a burden to start with as I am not a big fan of talking. - and they thankfully carried the conversation. Another couple I thought I recognized sat in the empty spot at the table and I felt like she was putting up with me sitting there as it was -you know what I mean? like I sat where she'd not approved. anyhow ..long story short.. I decided to stick it out and stayed for the whole 5 hours amazingly I had a good time even though I had no clue who in the world I was talking to most of the time. As I'm driving home dropping of books at the library I thought wow..things never change

momof4kids257

Asked by momof4kids257 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Entertainment

• haha...i have this other facebook account and when i created it...i added all the high school people. this one guy added me, maybe it was a suggestion idk. anyway, so i accepted his friend request and next thing you know, he went and deleted me. seriously? he cant just be an adult and grow up to accept that we can all be friends instead of thinking we were all not so good friends in school?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Sorry you had a not so good time...I think your right though...and funny thing is it doesn't matter where you live or where you went to school...people are the same everywhere.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Some people never get the high school mentality out of their head. I was never this way in high school and will never change!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 10:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I am on the committee for our reunion. I send out email newsletters to get to know one another again even before the reunion itself. I even use a free class site on classreport.org to display pix and allow people to post their bios. We have a great time but then we have several events over two days. I love reunions!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• i've found out I had good friends I barely spoke to in school. I went to a VERY strict religious boarding school. and was moderately popular.

It's funny, I have tons of facebook friends from high school, but the BEST ones, the ones I actually talk to all the time, are the ones I spoke to in passing in school.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• after telling my mom about some of the people I encountered at the reunion , the only thing she asked was if I was glad I went ? I thought I was but am wondering if I'll ever guess the secret to making friends....not gonna happen
    momof4kids257

Comment by momof4kids257 (original poster) at 12:24 AM on Jul. 27, 2010