Where do I start looking for information and safety information regarding car seats?

I have a six month old who is too long for the infant seat l. I saw a cosco carseat and was wondering how safe they are compared to other seats and where to get the safety information.

CindyandMadie

Asked by CindyandMadie at 4:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Travel

• FYI what the story on Good Morning America was talking about was the fact that SOME booster seats are not as good as they are billed to be. You have to make sure that you get a booster that fits YOUR child. You might want to check out the Car Seat Safety Board. There are a lot of car seat people over there. The three things you always want to look for, are the seat that fits your car, the seat that fits your child, and the seat that will be used correctly every time.
    LvngMamatoJacob

Answer by LvngMamatoJacob at 5:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• i don't know of a website, but i do know that on Good Morning America yesterday they said that the booster seats are not good, they don't serve their purpose. the ones that have the seatbelt hold them are the ones they're talking about. the ones that have the anchor on them are the best ones, that actually work in a wreck.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I think that our local fire dept. just had a class on car seats.. try your hospitals as well.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:00 PM on Oct. 2, 2008