my 8 month old daughter has 8 teeth and doesnt understand no bite, what should i do.

madysmom112309

Asked by madysmom112309 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if you find out let me know ... my DD is 13 months and still bites!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• There has to be a negative consequence with "No bite" for some babies to understand. Pulling back and thumping her cheek lightly may enforce the concept better.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• biting you during breastfeeding?

take the food away. she'll learn real quick that if she bites she doesn't get any more food.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My son is 10 months and has 6 teeth and LOVES to bite me... i scream ouch very load (partly because it hurts that bad) and he doesn't do it again the rest of the day... He has learn that ouch means he hurt me. It also worked with him pulling my hair.. he stopped pulling my hair out about 3 weeks of me screaming every time. Now he says ouch when he falls down in stead of crying. Hope this helps.
    ILoveConnor09

Answer by ILoveConnor09 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Just keep up with telling her "no bite" but make sure you do right after she bites and make sure you look her in the eyes so she knows you are serious, try saying "no bite" in a low voice tone as well!! Good Luck!!
    Truluv4ever

Answer by Truluv4ever at 10:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• when she bites you, you just need to set her down, stand up and step away from her.. put her down every time ... instantly, when she bites you... just keep repeating " no biting" as soon as she does it too. Make sure you do it and have others do it as well who hold her. Children learn by pattern at that age.. not scolding... they dont understand scolding just yet
    Mrs.Koukas2006

Answer by Mrs.Koukas2006 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Oh i feel soo guilty about this one....my son bit me one time during feeding and it was really hard and scared me and i screamed and tapped him before I had a chance to think about it....needless to say it scared him and he never bit me again.
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 10:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

How would THUMPING a cheek NOT have a negative consequence?

OP, I'd continue telling her dont bite or that hurts, something along those lines. She's still little to grasp the idea of not biting but if you continue doing this and being consistent she eventually will.

my dd had a lot of teeth that age too and would bite i did the above, and now at 17 months, she doesnt bite at all. :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My dd used to love to bite me when breastfeeding. I yelled "OUCH!!!!" & lightly flicked her cheek. That was the last time she bit me!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• There is no need to thump. thumping can make a baby chomp down. Say no bite/that hurt/or ouch, put her down for a minute. Frown but be boring as you do this so it doesn't seem like a game. Then Resume activity.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:11 PM on Jul. 25, 2010