Is mom training boys confusing?

My son is starting to get interested in potty training. I know that he is only 22 months old and many people have told him he is too young but I thinkk if he is interested I can at least try right? My question is, will it confuse him to have mom showing him? My hubby works odd hours and isn't home much of the time my son is awake. Is it better to just wait on my husband or should I just do it?

candle5

Asked by candle5 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think its totally fine if you do it... good luck!
    Mrs.Koukas2006

Answer by Mrs.Koukas2006 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• My DS was toilet learned by the age of 27 months. YES you can do it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• If he's interested, go for it.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:35 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I showed my sons and they are 17 and 19. He will be fine.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Since it's recommended that boys first learn by sitting he can/will mimic you.  My boys didn't try standing up until they were over age 5--which is when I passed the "training torch" to my husband! LOL :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:39 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I trained my son and he wasn't confused. Good luck!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 10:40 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Lol...I think it's fine to introduce it to him. Just make sure that when your husband is home, he helps out with it. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• He will be fine if you show him. Most boys learn by sitting down (for pee and poo) at first. So it won't faze him one bit. I taught both of our boys. When they were ready to learn to pee standing up, I just put 3-4 cheerios in the toilet and told them to pee on them. Even hubby thought it was great!!! I also made sure that Daddy would go in with them from time to time and show them how he pees (standing up) that way they could understand it better.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 10:44 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Him showing an interest is a good sign. I had to show my son, everybody in my house didn't want him in the bathroom with them. I had no choice, and children learn by example. As long as he goes when he needs to go is what matters. He has to start somewhere.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:56 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• He's not too young: read this Path to a Diaper free baby. And it is fine if you teach him. Men can and do sit down to pee they don't have to stand, they just can.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:59 AM on Jul. 26, 2010