What do u do in the house if its thunder and lighting?

Do u sit down and wait until its over?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 10:47 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Open the curtains so I can enjoy the show! I love the thunder & lightning storms!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I like to either cuddle up with my son and husband and read or watch a movie...with all of the blinds open. I LOVE watching rain and lightening. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:48 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• watch the weather channel and make sure it doesn't turn into something more serious!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Unplug the internet and then just listen to the thunder .... I love storms.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Boy everybody is interesting
    Anonymous

• we put candles on the sink and the kids play in the shower. The sound of the shower usually drowns out the thunder. Because im right in there with my kids i usually use that time to clean up the bathroom , wipe down the sink.. sweep, wash the mirrors, etc. Another thing we do, because we cant have the water running for hours... when we see the lightening ... we see if we can sing louder then the thunder... kind of a competition. Thunder usually wins, but it keeps them busy and entertained. If he power goes out, we usually make a fort int eh living room and pretend we are camping:)
    Mrs.Koukas2006

Answer by Mrs.Koukas2006 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I shut the lights off...turn the computer off grab the kids and hide under the bed lol...........no ..we just go about normal life... the only thing we don't do is take a bath or shower... during that time. When we had the old fashioned corded phones we didn't use the phone until it was over.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would open all the shades and watch a movie I love rain storms
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:55 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I'm usually calming my daughter down. She is very nervous during storms.

Otherwise, we make sure all the animals have shelter, unplug the computers and TV, don't answer the phones (had a close call a few years ago and the lightning came through the phone line, blew the phones), stay out of the shower and bath, and have candles or flashlights ready just in case. I pull up the local weather radar on my laptop and we keep an eye on the weather that way.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• If it is really bad and the lightening is really near, we turn off all our electronics and the surge supressors. We lost a TV once during a storm...always better to be safe than sorry.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2010