Kind of hurt my feeling, how should I respond?

So I told my dh that I would like to become a surrogate. he told that he didn't want me to do it because he doesn't want anything to happen to me. It was sweet but then he messed up the moment by saying "also I don't want you to get more fat then you are now." Now I have a 10 month old baby. It really hurt my feelings when he said that. thank goodness my dd started crying, and he went to go get her. I want to talk to him about that statement, but how should I go about it. I don't want it to become an argument. But I want him to know that that was wrong to say and it really hurt my feelings. any advice. Please no bashing I will delete all those comments. thanks

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• just tell him you want to finish talking about the surrogate thing and then say "when we were discussing this early i felt really bad when you said ...." or something to that effect. It's good to use "I feel" statements.

But also, i know if my husband said something like that to me, yes it would hurt my feelings, but i would be more thankful that my husband is honest. ...but then again, i also tend to be a very blunt person.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I honestly would sit him down and ask him if he really ment what he said? Hear him out and then let him know that it hurt your feelings.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Be honest and say 'i felt hurt when you said...' don't let it fester. Sorry and good luck!
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 11:09 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would definitely sit him down and ask him what he meant by that. I'm overweight myself, but for someone else to point that out, whether it be you husband or boyfriend, it just takes it to a whole new level.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:39 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• For me it would have been an instantaneous "F**k you!" if he wants to say stuff like that without thinking,I wouldn't be trying to be polite!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:16 AM on Jul. 26, 2010