Another step for legalization!

Another step towards the legalization of Marijuana. This is a great step in the right direction. IMO! What do you think and why?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100725/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_veterans_medical_marijuana;_ylt=AkZCBFjzh23vaIU2gWcrdfis0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTFkZTJkZzZoBHBvcwMxNDkEc2VjA2FjY29yZGlvbl9oZWFsdGgEc2xrA21lZGljYWxtYXJpag--

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I still don't get it. Why is everyone so "for marijuana" but so offended by tobacco? Smoke into the lungs is - smoke into the lungs. If you smoke tobacco you will not be charged with a DUI, but you will if you smoke pot. Why is smoking one substance ok, yet the other taboo? Smoking pot and drinking is fine, but don't get caught smoking tobacco. It just seems like so much crap."

I'm not offended by tobacco. Just because I choose not to smoke something doesn't mean I'm against the legalization of it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:53 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I still don't get it. Why is everyone so "for marijuana" but so offended by tobacco? Smoke into the lungs is - smoke into the lungs. If you smoke tobacco you will not be charged with a DUI, but you will if you smoke pot. Why is smoking one substance ok, yet the other taboo? Smoking pot and drinking is fine, but don't get caught smoking tobacco. It just seems like so much crap.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:02 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Loving, me too. Where have you been all this time?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• WOO HOO! I don't smoke it... But I'm a big believer that it should be legal!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I completely agree. I am for the legalization of marijuana for many reasons! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:17 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I'll Bump this as soon as I have some Bumps to give. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:19 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• AWESOME!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Legalize it and tax the crap out of it just like everything else we consume!!!!!! It is not as bad as alchoal, which causes WAY more damage to people than pot ever will.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:45 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• itsme, Marijuana is a mind altering drug and just because it's usually a "happy" reaction it still slows your response time and will cause driving and work related accidents.

Got news for you!!! if you were to do testing today in most professionals offices you will find that most operate under the influence many times, on a daily basis and there have been no reported cases of accidents of any kind, and as far as driving it enhances your awareness, so those who do, make an even greater effort to be safe. Our country is saturated with people who this on a regular basis, it is time to make it legal and tax the heck out of it to boost this economy!

Answer by older at 10:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• You know what I realkly wish this would be a federal law already! I have a terrible stomach issue and before I had my DD I smoked pot to ease the pain. It did and I was happy and healthy. Because of the fear of the law I have no smoked and my stomach issue is back and now I went to the ER for the forth time in 2 months at 4:30 in the morning in such pain I could barely breath. If I could legally smoke a bownl at 4:30 am when everyone is still asleep I would not be in excrustating pain going to the ER for some meds that are man made and addictive. Come on now people it can help!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 26, 2010