what would you do if a 19 yr old w/no kids, was bossing your 1 1/2 year old around????

my daughter is such a good girl!! everyone says how well behaved she is. If she does act up her dad and i make sure we tell her what we need to. and if need be, we put her in timeout for like 1-2 minutes.

well a friend of mine from work spent the night, so we could go job hunting the next day. we were getting ready to go job hunting, and my dd Brooke was just playing and stuff. well she is 1... so she grabs stuff.. like flip flops or whatever is in her reach, like a normal toddler does. this girl smokes and would leave her cigs out i kept setting them up high or putting em in her purse &told her to do it too. well she kept "forgetting" anyway brooke was playing and grabbing whatever id tell her no dont touch that its ____ stuff &i'd move it.

well this girl kept telling my daughter "NO!" and "LISTEN TO YOUR MOM" and "STOP TOUCHING THAT!"
in the car brooke was tired and starting whining a little bit and this girl said to her

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• "come on, you started being good, and now you're just being bad again!' in a not MEAN tone but she had no place to say that.

i am her parent i had it under control she has no parenting experience and is a teenager.

Ah i was getting so mad1

what would u have done? bc she is coming over tomorrow again. :/
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I'd tell her I'm the parent & am perfectly capable of disciplining my child w/out her assistance. If she made comments after that I'd tell her to shut her mouth.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• what did the girl say in the car? regardless of what it was, I would tell her she needs to leave stuff that she didn't want touched up because kids are kids. and if she forgets again she needs to leave it out of house. being mean isn't nice but sometimes it's neccassary.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• The nineteen year old..needs to grow up...she has no idea what she is saying. No experience with kids. Let it go in one ear and out the other what she says....... then you don't have to deal with her after tomorrow right?
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 11:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I know that irritates me my BIL will boss my kids (he has none) but he tells them he cant do things we allow them to do! I keep my mouth shut I would if I were you its just one of those things she doesnt really know how to act with a child that age I would just try to not hang out with her as much
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• well i work with her UGh.. but hopefully i get a different job. i hung out with her before this and my SO said she seemed irritated with our daughter then to but i didnt notice it. now i do. i wont have her over again after tomorrow. im only hanging out with her ebcause we both have a job interview and i dont want to leave her hanging w/o a ride.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• is it possible that this girl has younger siblings she had to help with or help parent? This may be why she is doing this out of place. -my 15 yr old niece does this too... you just tell her hun I will handle it I am her mommy and I will take care of it- this is usually a nice enough way to say stop correcting my child (this may need repeated a few times because habits break hard- but don't let it go on too much and only give her a few chances on this subject). Also on account she is an adult and only a friend you may have to get to the point that she quit coming over around you child if the above option does not work. GL momma and use your best instincts!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 11:08 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• she has a little brother that is autistic. I'd think with a younger autistic brother she'd have patience.

i consider her to be a teenager still lol idk
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• She sounds like she's annoyed with your child, which is fine, but it's very rude for her to make it completely obvious. When I was younger I always thought my friends kids were so fun and adorable. It was a rude awakening when I had my own haha.
    I'm very passive agressive so I wouldn't say anything to her and then never hang out with her again. You have to work with her, of course, but I would leave that relationship at work. Good luck.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Ummm...I would not put up with that. Seriously, I would have been like, "Ok, you can leave now. No one is going to be rude to my child,including you. Bye". I have no tolerance for stuff like that.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:16 PM on Jul. 25, 2010