How many mothers of 4 can afford $162 per person for "Yo Gabba Gabba" Live tickets?

I see this add in the paper for "Yo Gabba Gabba" coming to Philly on August 29th. 1 day only. 2 shows @ 2 & 5:30 then they're gone. The nosebleed section starts at $75! The best seats are $162 dollars online! You can't even pay @ the door! This 1 day only event is exactly 2 wks after our family trip to Great Adventure, which will consist of renting a mini-van, taking 2 extra kids besides my 4 and getting at least 3 motel rooms for all of us plus my aunt and her husband (who's driving the rental). But this show is an absolute favorite of my 2 & 3 yr olds. It will blow their little minds! But I'd have to sacrifice school clothes and the bill $ for Sept. I'd face late fees, but would still get the bills paid. My 2 oldest would have to wear last year's stuff the 1st week of school,but they'll live. My man & I are at each others throats over this. He says it's too much and not worth it, I say it's not impossible! We should try!

Dmommy4

Asked by Dmommy4 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• In my house, the needs come before the wants. So, if I NEED school clothes and supplies, and I NEED to pay the bills, then that gets taken care of first, before anything I might want to do for my kids. And as others have said, the 2 and 3 yo will not remember it well, if they do at all! But the ones in school WILL remember how they got to start school in old clothes and stuff. I wouldn't go THERE unless I absolutely HAD to.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:41 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• no. Don't try. at two and three they won't even remember it when they are older. I'm sorry, but it's much more important to teach them to live within your means, and your older kids WILL remember being put on hold.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• 2 & 3 yr olds aren't gonna remember this when they get older. Save the $$$ & wait till they're older.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Paying bills late will sometimes affect your credit. I can't believe they would charge so much, Idk if you should do that. Do you have a credit card you could use to buy the tickets instead?
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• sorry but no, there will always be plenty of other shows and activities to come!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Im just trying to figure out WHY someone would pay that to see yo gabba gabba
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would have to say that I would not do it. I would go ahead and pay the bills first. Since they are so young they probably won't remember that they can't go. You could save the money to have another fun activity that wouldn't cost as much, like going and taking them to see a kids movie.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:09 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Sorry but I would not pay that much for show tickets for little kids especially if I have bills to pay and older kids that need to have back to school things.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• we just forked out $200 for the wiggly circus tickets...used a credit card tho :( i think it's going to be a wonderful experience for my 2 year old but my hubby thinks I wasted money b/c he says that a 2 year old will not remember.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Nyx7 is right though, they won't remember it
    mommymela87