How to Deal with Teething?

My 9 month old Daughter Just got one tooth in and now trying to get another and she is so miserable! i have given her pain relieve medicine and oral gel and teething tablets. i have also given her teething rings and cold washclothes and popcicles.

brandidonaldson

Asked by brandidonaldson at 11:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My mom said she used to use frozen bagels -- stick one in the freezer, then let baby gnaw on it, and throw it out when it gets soggy from baby drool. I've heard moms say frozen waffles work the same.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Thanks thats a good idea!
    brandidonaldson

Comment by brandidonaldson (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Don't over medicate, and orajel is crap. it can make pain worse and it can burn and numbs everything but where the pain is. put some in your own mouth to see what i mean. Chewing, cold and nursing and cuddles. It is just something you have to wait out. if you must medicate, do it at night when there is no distraction of activity and it might help to dull the ache long enogh to fall asleepp.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:17 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I would give my sons organic teething biscuits-- I would freeze the biscuits and give it to them frozen, they liked the taste and the cold helped.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• breast feeding and lots of love! i agree with amille girl, you just have to ride it out!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Thanks for the Advice!
    brandidonaldson

Comment by brandidonaldson (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I'm not sure if she's old enough for it, your call there... but frozen blueberries are great!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:17 AM on Jul. 26, 2010