Sexual obesity? Really? What will they come up with next?

http://www.crosswalk.com/news/commentary/11635112/

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Here is an interesting article.   http://www.physorg.com/news187448961.html

Here is a little excerpt.

While that is far from a ringing endorsement, it does at least seem to indicate that pornography isn't contributing to sex crimes. While some naysayers may point out that most offenders in prison have been exposed to porn, the fact of the matter is that nearly every male -- and a good number of females -- is exposed to pornography at some point. It stands to reason that most offenders have viewed porn. But other studies found that being punished for porn use might contribute to someone becoming a rapist, and not the porn use itself. Indeed, continues The Scientist, a repressive religious upbringing might be more of a factor in rape than porn:

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:02 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

•  This is a major issue here--porn is sick.  Porn is like alcohol, an occasional drink isn't going to do you any harm but if you are drinking all the time then you have a serious issue.    Raising sexually repressed children is far more damaging than porn.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:00 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• hahahaha. I am sure my parents would get a kick out of that. They own a pornography company. In no way does smut pose more of a danger to children then extra weight.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:31 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• rolling on floorrolling on floorThat was so funny it was worth repeating the sweetpea. 

Seriously, some people need to pull the stick out their ass!

I have to show this article to my husband, he will get a kick out of it.    *Shakes head*  and they wonder why they are ridiculed.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:14 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• then I guess you guys aren't very "religious" are you? Or do you just make an appearance at church to look good?

Not all religions have churches. Actually, only one religion has churches. The rest all have fellowships and synagogues and mosques and circles and hearths and troths, and you get the idea...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:37 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• It means that people are" over watching porn",right? He is relating overeating and over- watching porn. I am with him on that---porn is no damn good and warps youir mind. While I usually don't read Chrsitian websites and I usually think they are a little goofy, I do agree with this issue.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Sexual obesity?!!! I read the link.....WOW.....sad thing is some will believe it to be fact.....WOW LOLsmile

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:35 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Nikkimom,  anything in excess is bad for you.  No one is arguing that point.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:30 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I think people need to decide for themselves whether they think porn is appropriate. I see nothing wrong with it, and Yes I am very religious, just not Christian. I think that the types of people who will "over indulge" in porn to the point where they are ignoring the rest of their lives are people who would have found something else to obsess on. At least it isn't coke. It is nowhere near the risk that real obesity is to say so is ridiculous.
    hsteele

Answer by hsteele at 4:51 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• gertie They are saying it causes more issue then obesity. Really how the hell can that even be. Obesity can kill you, whens the last time you heard of any one dying of watching porn?
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Jul. 26, 2010