Religion (or none) and political POV

This is fairly simple and purely out of curiosity. If you don't want to answer, don't respond.

I have noticed a marked difference between the political views/affiliations of individuals and the religious/faith affiliation (or lack thereof) in questions related to various issues. Also, there are some marked patterns also reflected according to job (SAHM is a full time job!).

If you are comfortable, would you please state your religion/faith (or agnostic, atheist, nondenominational, other) , your political POV (republican (conservative, moderate, liberal); democrat (conservative, moderate, liberal); independent (libertarian, Tea Party, conservative, moderate, liberal) , and your employment situation.

There is a psychology to politics and I would like to do an informal study to verify some things I have read. I will share what I find.

Thank you for participating if you choose to do so.

Youngwifey2

Asked by Youngwifey2 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am Catholic, and you might have a hard time deciding whether I'm liberal or conservative. I am in favor of programs that help people, as long as they are economically feasible and we take steps to make sure people are not abusing them. I'm in favor of amnesty for immigrants here if (and only if) the floodgates at the borders are secured. I'm in favor of school choice (vouchers). I'm not in favor of abortion, and for this reason I am strongly in favor of supporting women who choose to keep their babies and need help. I define marriage as one man and one woman (and I refuse to debate this issue anymore since many here cannot do so in a respectful and adult manner). I hate war but believe that there are times when it is necessary.

I'm both a SAHM and a nursing student. We are low income now because I am not working, but that will change when I graduate at the end of the year.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I believe in God, Christ, the cross and resurrection.

No religion wants me, and I make my own party.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• conservative libertarian is close enough if I must have a label. Will you post your findings?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:27 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• hmm... I should say that I lean heavily to the right, except on social issues like gay marriage and marijuana legalization...
    and I work part time right now in the restaurant industry.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Ok, Lovin--so can we say Christian and Other? :)

fair enough... but no churches want me. :(
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• I'm a Universalist, and a Libertarian. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Protestant
    Now a stay at home mom (expecting #2)
    Registered Independent (conservative/ moderate depending on the issue).
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:27 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Former Catholic, Current agnostic, moderate Independent-part time RN.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Protestant, work full time, liberal dem
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• SAHM (not rich by any means) Baptist, conservative
    Anonymous