I need help

I Have breast fed my son for 5 weeks and I have stopped, I need to know how to dry my milk up! My boobs have hurt so bad I had to pump and bearly got a total of 2 onces out of both breast and they still felt kinda hard!! I'm not sleeping well cause of the pain. Please help

amylynn4919

Asked by amylynn4919 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't know what to tell you when they're that full. I stopped BFing my DD when she was 17 months.... it's been about 1.5 months, and it's still not all the way dry.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• The only thing I would suggest is to wean slowly. It will take longer but won't hurt as bad.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:21 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• take a shower that will help with the pain i have heard of wraping them tight but not sure mine just went away on its own wish i could help more i hope you find somthing that will help you
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 11:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Yeah, I stopped my DD at 12 months and shes almost 14 months and I still have milk ... I always tell my hubby that it's sour milk haha
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• You just have to wait it out. You will be engorged though. I went through a horrible time after my son was stillborn. Hope you feel better soon!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Put cold cabbage leaves in your bra to help with the pain - change them out when they get wilted. Also take motrin. Try not to pump - if you have to, only pump enough to relieve pressure. Try wearing sports bras also. All of this will help with engorgement. But dryign up takes time. I quit BFing at the end of April and I can still get some milk out. Sometimes it can take a year or more. You just have to wait it out. The pain should stop soon though.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• At the vitamin stores there is a tea its called "No more milk tea"  ive been using the "mothers milk tea" when im running low and it helps me produce more milk, so maybe the no more milk tea will help with engorgement. 

jenn714

Answer by jenn714 at 12:44 AM on Jul. 26, 2010