filing for divorce

Does it cost anything to get the papers to file for divorce?

maddoxsmama

Asked by maddoxsmama at 11:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• You can get the papers for free from most libraries but there is usually a fee to file them at a courthouse...some states will waive it though.
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 11:27 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• To get the papers, no. You can get them off of your countys government web site. To file, depending on your income it will cost to file. I hate to hear about people getting divorced. Please, if you need someone to talk to message me! I will not be judgemental towards you or your situation.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:29 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• There are filing fees, but actual papers shouldn't cost anything.....some internet sites offer papers for a small fee though -- if you want to print them online you might have to pay like $2 but thats it
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:15 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Thanks ladies. I really dont want to get divorced but I feel like its all thats left. I dont know what else to do.
    maddoxsmama

Comment by maddoxsmama (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Jul. 26, 2010