Am I hoping for a VBAC to soon after my c-section

I had my 1st in December 07 and am now pregnant with my 2nd due in May 09! I had to have an emergency c-section with my first due to me developing pre-e! After the surgery I took absolutely NO pain medicine! Just didn't need it! I have a very high tolerance for pain! I went home and did almost everything I was doing when I was pregnant! I didn't have any pain or anything! I know that doesn't mean that I am not at risk for anything! I am wishing and hoping for a vaginal birth this time just wondering if it is going to be possible!

mommy2amari

Asked by mommy2amari at 5:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had a v-back. No problem. My daughter was born emergency c then 17 months later I had a nice 9 lb baby girl on the floor of the maternity floor. I was on a birthing chair. I would call it a potty seat it was so short and squatty. lol. I was motivated to push her out. I used a mid-wife. IT was pretty quick one push and wham.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• well each person is different. they say you shouldn't get pregnant until 1 year after your c-section. i got pregnant 7 months after mine. i wanted a vbac, but the doctor that was on call when i went into labor only let me be in labor for 6 hours before she decided i was going to have a c-section, as much as i didn't want one. i ended up getting an infection, probly cuz i told them i needed a blood tranfusion and it took 2 days of nagging and blacking out 3 times for them to finally give me one. so it depends on your body and your doctor.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I don't think it's too soon, it's two years. That seems pretty normal!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• You need to know your rights! I am going for a vbac too and the ICAN website will tell you all about yourrights. It may be the hospitals policy to give you another c/s but forcing you is against the law in every state. go to ISAN to learn about it Preg women have the right to refuse any medical treatment,drug including c/s episiotimy anesthesia,and pain meds. (http://ican-online.org)
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• oops ICAN not ISAN
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• or visit www.birthpolicy.org
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Oh you asked is it possible. Yes anything is possible. I don't know any thing about pre-eclampsia is it common in second pregnancies? I don't know your odds of having it again. Just do what you think is right and if you want vaginal go for it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• When you have pre-e you are prone to it again in your future pregnancies! Thing is when I was put on bed rest I didn't listen! It was Christmas and I wasn't about to stay in bed for the holidays! I guess I should have listened!! Well I told my hubby that this time if I am put on bed rest I am actually going on bed rest! I am not taking any chances I really want a vaginal birth this time! I am going to do all that I can to be able to have it too! I have my first appointment with my doctor on November 4th so we will see if she supports it and if not I am finding another doctor! Thanks for all your answers! I am thinking about a water birth this time!
    mommy2amari

Answer by mommy2amari at 2:47 PM on Oct. 3, 2008