OK I didn't get a chance to respond to this, and want to see how many agree with this statement from another post. Mosques at ground zero.

we are a Christian nation...a mosque is a total slap in the face, very disrespectful.

Or the other one saying.

Until we can build churches in Saudi Arabia They shouldn't be able to build mosques here, or any where for that matter.

Wow what an error filled and sick statement. First off we are not a Christian nation, however even if we were. Muslim is an offset of Christianity. It is part of a similar belief which makes this even more untrue. Secondly this country was founded off of paganism concepts not that of Christianity. Then there is the fact of religious freedom for the few who don't get the meaning, It means they have the right to build their mosque in this country just the same as you have the right to be Christian, pagan, atheist, and build yours.
So how many agree with these ignorant statements?
I thought this was the one country of religious freedom. Am I wrong? Isn't that what differs us from Saudi Arabia?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Religious Debate

• We are not a Christian nation any way you slice it. Our ancestors LEFT a country that was ruled by Christianity, they knew what they were doing when they decided that we would not let ANY religion rule our nation. Seems like some can't get that FACT through their heads. I say let them build the mosque.

How would the naysaying Christians like it if the rest of us NON Christians  held ALL of them accountable for every wrong doing a FEW Christians zealots have committed? hmmm?  Same goes in this case, you can NOT hold an entire religion accountable for the wrong doing of zealots.  And EVERY religion has them. 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:47 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I worked in the WTC .. I worked with ppl of every religion, some of which where musliums.. there are churches around the site.. but they were there wayyy before there was the WTC... If any church mosque or temple wants to move in at the rebuilt area .. wtf .. let em.. we have the right to our basic bill of right.. freedom of religon.. it was the basis of this nation.. without that thought and philosphoy we would not even be a nation right now
    Jess22877

Answer by Jess22877 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• This is not a Christian nation.

The mosque in question was not going to be built ON ground zero, but near it. Big difference-

Why let terrorists hold this nation hostage? Collectively, we are better than that. The Muslim faith group did not perpetrate 911.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:04 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Sassy WE ARE NOT A CHRISTAIN NATION!!! Should I not be able to practice my religon because I live in a Christian nation? Disrespectful to who may I ask? The MUSLIMS who also lost people in 9/11?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2010

• Ok, first, Islam is an Abrahamic religion. According to the mythology, Abraham sent his slave away with there son Ishmael. So technically they are an offshoot of Judaism. It is newer than Christianity though. Islam sees Jesus as one of many prophets but not as God. 2nd. We are NOT A CHRISTIAN NATION. There are many religions here in this country from Islam, to Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism and other pagan religions. There are also Sikhs, taoists, etc. The majority are Christians, or claim to be Christians, many are non practicing. Fortunately our constitution protects us from being a "christian nation". Third ITS NOT AT GROUND ZERO!!!! It is 2 freakin blocks away where a mosque has already been for years. Its just being rebuilt. And even if it were at ground zero, it was not muslims who attack the WTC it was psychotic extremists who twist and misinterpret the teachings of their religion. So stop being morons.
    hsteele

Answer by hsteele at 4:57 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• But, there are Christian Churches in Arab nations... so... they can build the mosque now right?

Seriously, that kind of thinking annoys me. That would be the same as me telling Christians that they cannot build a church near the grounds of the Salem Witch trials, or rebuild any of the churches that were involved in the Inqusition... (I had family die during that)
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 12:25 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I think it should be allowed to be built.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:02 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Gracious nation? Complaining about this subject ad nauseam does not indicate graciousness in the least. We are better and stronger. Time to incorporate and accept, but never forget.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:07 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Live and let live
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:23 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Farm, you know what, there is no talking to you. You on many occasions have been completly closed minded about things. You are so behind the times I really am surprised you own a computer.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 27, 2010