got to thinking. What if you didn't want another baby, but your DH did would you get your tuubes tied anyway or have another one cause that is what your DH wants?

say you are a SAHM DH works usually 8-5 Monday - Friday and 8-12 Saturday. DH wants one more baby, but say you have all girls and DH wants to try for a boy and has once again has another girl would you have another one for your DH or would you just get your tubes tied? Asked cause DH and I have 2 girls and he wants a boy we want one more (he wants to try for a boy), but I am afraid if it isn't he will want another one lol. We thought about getting my tubes tied after having one more, but if it is another girl I think he might say wait on getting your tubes tied lol. So I guess what I am saying cause it is your body would you give DH that choice? LOL....I wouldn't do this to him so don't bash I just wanted to make a fun question out of this lol to see how many would let them have a choice and how many wouldn't lol

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• after me and my 1st husband had 3 girls he said he wanted me tied....I said Hell No! what if somethings happens where he dies and I remarry, and I want more...I will never close that door.
    Turns out we divorced 3 yrs later and 11 yrs after my last daughter I had a son with my current husband...I'm almost 41, no birth control and we just figure if God wants us to have more then that is fine...so far we have one between us...
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• If there's no physical or financial reason to STOP at 3 then i would let him try again for a boy, but if its a girl yet again then that would probably be it :P Girls can be just as 'boyish' as boys, remind your dh of that ;-) he can always teach them to ride horses, or fix cars, or play in the dirt or whatever 'manly' stuff he enjoys doing :D
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:00 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• tried out well, me and my hb first had a 3 year old girl,then we wanted a boy but were GIRL TWINS! then he keeps insisting me,I was like no,no no if it's a girl?!(the same problem as you) but well,then i decided to try one more time and I have a wonderful baby boy(12 months)
    BlueballandKids

Answer by BlueballandKids at 12:02 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• We currently have three boys, one from him from a previous relationship (my sweet stepson) and then we have two boys between us and he wants a girl. I do not want to have another baby (because of marriage, because of third c-section and because of stress that a third c-section would bring to me) but he pushes anyway. I hate it, I would never get my tubes tied though and I would never take the chance of having another baby at this point in my life. Now if my marriage drastically changed and I felt that I was strong enough and brave enough to have a home birth, I would do it in a heart beat so that he can have his girl. Neither looks like it's going to change in the future, so no.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:02 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i think i would try for just one more and if it was another girl i would talk to him and let him know how you feel my hubby and i ended up with a daughter and twin boys thought about trying for another girl but when the doc said more then likley you would have twins again i said go ahead and tie them
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 12:07 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• The way I look at it is, it is your body, it should be your decision. If you feel that two is enough, then so be it. Besides, there is no guarantee that the next one will be a boy.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:20 AM on Jul. 26, 2010