did you see the wiki leaks story?

I just read it on yahoo...

and I'm kind of mad... link below. (to follow, I closed the tab accidently.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 12:02 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• YEAH Anon.. No need to worry about PESKY details like the safety of our soldiers, the support of our allies, or just the plain truth that LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS! These things CAN be dealt with internally by new administrations WITHOUT being made public knowledge and WITHOUT harming our SAFETY and our TROOPS! Jesus but some of you would have us just hand our @sses right on over to the enemy!!!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:13 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I hope they charge Manning with treason against the United States of America. He deserves no less.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:18 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• How did they get the documents anyway? Who let these out? I don't think I will accept "Freedom of Information Act" on this. You don't release documents while they war is in active mode. Who has an interest in making sure this info. is out?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:40 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Anon....is it ok to put our soldiers lives at risk? The very men who fight for you to say whatever you want, when you want, with out a care in the world? I have 2 friends whose husband's are over there now. They are fathers and loving husbands....and now they are less safe than they were before. To me, that is not ok.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• You are either for necessary wars or you are against them. There are many things we just should not know, things that should not be public. I believe manning has already been arrested for his crime of leaking these. I'm not so sure this wiki site shouldn't be sanctioned or at least investigated for releasing this information. More heads need to roll. As for the deaths cited here, there is nothing telling us all the facts. How do they count these deaths? Do they count the women and children forced to be human shields? Do they count the natives who wear street clothes to "fool" the soldiers? There are thousands of pages that have been released and you have a few paragraphs here that are intended to make the US look bad. People, war is war and if you don't like war then protest it. If you don't know what you are talking about. keep it to yourself.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm of the opinion that we, as citizens, are NOT on a need to know basis regarding everything our military does. It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with the war, it doesn't help our soldiers to do their job and come home faster if you have morons like this guy leaking classified information.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would like to know more about the leaks they DID NOT post on the site. Our govt has ALWAYS hides the real truth. This is NOT a war about terrorists. Its about power and resources. Our Govt's have ALWAYS lied to all of us.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:39 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Hey---if this already happened and there was wrongdoing,mistakes,war crimes,etc.we deserve to know the truth. War sucks and we need to control the nutcases no matter if they are enemies or US.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• There are many things that should NOT leak..

However in one instance, wasn't there a COVERED UP CRIME that was brought to light recently?

and Steph, i am AGAINST unnecessary warsl,,,,and wars that won't benefit us.....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:48 AM on Jul. 26, 2010