Bloody Show?? Almost D Day? Experienced moms plz help!? adult content

This morning i was having very strong irregular contractions, the past 2 days Ive had awful back pain too, well my hubby & I went in to get checked, contractions were weak & irregular by then, I was checked and was 2cm, high and posterior, the nurse had us walk the maternity ward for an hr then checked me again. Still 2cm. She sent me home & said to try sex....so we did, I didn't get off, too crampy, but hubby did. After i went to the br to clean up & there was stringy mucous with brown & pink streaks, was it my bloody show or just my cervix from the sex? And if it was ny bloody show does that mean labor is close? im due in 6 days and i know my edd is correct because this is a honeymoon baby, and we didn't have sex until then. Any insight?

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that definatly sounds like your bloody show, I heard you could still go for another couple weeks after loosing it.
    mscamp0235

Answer by mscamp0235 at 12:07 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• yea this is true ^^ but call ur dr and let them know... they might want you to come in ...
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:53 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• It really does sound like your mucus plug, but losing it doesn't really mean much. Some women lose it days before labor and some lose it weeks beforehand. It's worth mentioning next time you see your ob, but right now how regular/strong your contractions are, whether they go away when you relax or hydrate yourself, and of course whether or not your water breaks are all much more meaningful than the mucus plug. Good luck, and I hope your delivery goes smoothly!
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i had bloody show, that night at 4am my water broke. be ready!! good luck
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I lost my mucus plug in the middle of walmart...there was no blood though, but it was still gross. After spending the day walking hours everywhere my water broke and 7 hours later we had a baby, It is different for everybody.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 26, 2010