Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do? adult content

I have been on my own since i was 16 yrs old, I have brought my son to doctors to help him his PDD, yet the doctors dont give advice and help us to learn to deal with PDD & ADHD. I am pretty assertive person, especially when I paying and my son is not being helped. The doctor's seem to favor the father bc he says what they want to hear. The father doesn't believe his son needs help, just needs to be punished & spanked. The doctor's allow the father to speak horribly about our child and even when the father refuses to be fair in punishing our son, the doctor's agree with the father saying, my son is being babied. What the H*ll do i say or do to correct this when we have to go to a mediator/court. The dr. put my child on 2 of the same meds, said, one was to boost the other and bc i chose to stop it, i am made to be the bad person. Please, Please someone has to help me, advice, website, anything. I can't allow this to carry on.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (8)
  • I have one question first, what is PDD?

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:13 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • my daughter had those 2 and then I was told that those 2 together is Asperger's....get a new DR and a new diagnosis, also you can apply for SSI ( Social Security Income).
    Nevr stick with people who won't listen to you and even if your in a rural area there is another best option..

    Answer by togo90210 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • so you insisted they treat him and then you stop the meds?

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • Sounds to me like you need a new doctor

    Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:23 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • When you go to court/the mediator I would suggest you guys taking parenting classes. That way maybe he"ll realize.


    Answer by jenn714 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • get a new doctor for the love of all that is good. driving out a ways is better then being treated like that. i would walk out if someone treated me like that.

    Answer by MoMoFu at 12:57 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • Get a new dr. And, if you go to court & they find you negligent because you refuse to spank your child, then this world is really going to shit faster than I thought! I am in a group called AMP: Alternatives to mainstream parenting. You may like it. The ladies in there may even be able to help you deal with this moron dr, if you for some reason decide not to switch, & with the father.


    Answer by carlye828 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • if you disagree with dr. like in any diagnosis you get a 2nd opinion. Psych. typically DO NOT deal with therapy and modification but with medication so try to see a BEHAVIORAL psych.
    Who gave the PDD/ADHD diagnosis? talk to them and take it from there...
    P.S. you are asking ALOT of questions about the SAME issue

    Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:10 PM on Jul. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.