Do you think a woman can have hot flashes before entering menopause?

I am a nurse, and I remember reading that women can have symptoms for 8-10 years before actually reaching menopause. I've been having hot flashes for at least six months, but still have cycles. I am 41. When I had an extensive hormone panel done, everything was low. That was about three years ago. I'm thinking that maybe my levels are dropping some more, and my internal "thermostat" is off.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Health

• I'm 35 and I have hot flashes a lot. My doc says it's part of the PCOS I have.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:41 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Well I am no where near menopause but I had hot flashes my entire second pregnancy and then again after he was born...it was awful, so I hate to see what is in store for me when I actually do get to that point. I think what you might be referring to though is pre-menopause though...google it.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:26 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I'm 25 and I been having hot flashes like crazy I hate it, I have been looking on the internet for answers I 'm going to the doctor's office to find out what is going on with me.
    Lizygoinghooray

Answer by Lizygoinghooray at 5:52 AM on Jul. 26, 2010