Can a psychiatrist be bias? Also, do fraternity brothers help one another?

If the mother is more assertive and forth-right, and the father, comes across as being passive, non-chalaunte (laid back and it will be my way)...can this help making a psychiatrist become a bias party? I don't look like i will kick your butt if you don't agree with me, i think now maybe i should have, then maybe the dr. would have been more fair in his decision. Do fraternity brothers stick together even if they went to different colleges? The doctor spoke with the father before we even had our first meeting, of course, they act like i heard wrong when i heard the father say, this is what we spoke about on the phone. I had already made the appointment, there was a front desk staff, no reason to talk before scheduled meeting. I found out, that the father not only didnt pay the bill yet, but had the doctor write a letter for him and I can't get a copy bc the father doesn't have me as a guarantor, so the lady said. What do think

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Anyone can be biased for any reason under the son. I can like one person more than another just because I don't like the color of their shoes. So yeah, a psychiatrist can be biased and that can work against you......should that happen? No, but it does.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:28 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• if the psychiatrist is human then the psychiatrist is biased. No matter how professional that psychiatrist tries to be.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:28 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• get another opinion. with your own letter.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:42 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• go somewhere else!!! psychiatrists can be very biased so for your own safety i would get a second opinion.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 12:48 AM on Jul. 26, 2010