Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How can I approach the teacher/principal?

I have a father that tells the teachers/other staff that he has all the rights of our child. If anything arises regarding speaking with the mother about our son, to let him know. He is a co-domicile custodian. But informs them differently. I have shown our court papers.
How can I inform them that the father will speak poorly of me and say, he has more rights, but please do not get involved and entertain him? What would be the best way to approach this father's behavior?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Answers (2)
  • Most schools keep a copy of the custody papers anyway...and they are USED to this kind of drama. However, the best answer is to be at every possible meeting, and be good friends with the teacher. Help out in the classroom, supply everything she asks for, and get on the PTA and get active.

    say, I love how passionate he is about the care of our son, but we're equal partners in the raising of him. Don't get into the dramatics of your relationship.

    Answer by lovinangels at 12:39 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

  • th childs father or your father..?

    Answer by MoMoFu at 12:43 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.