I want to say this to my husband. what are your thoughts?

My husband turns me down for sex, or messing around.. pretty much anything sexual ALL THE TIME. I was thinking about saying to him " you sure are pretty confident that I won't find someone that will, huh?" ... good idea? bad idea? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in Relationships

• good idea! I'd be the 1st big mouth lol I my marriage I'm always the one to let him know he's lucky to have me! of course it's really not like that that is just if we have a big fight or something which really never happens lol and he always wants sex so.. but i say say it and if u don't want to say those exact words then be a little nicer about it :)
    NicholeWalls

Answer by NicholeWalls at 12:59 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• bad idea.

better idea... what's going on with us?

if he says it's nothing, make him go to the doctor and have his penis checked.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Not a good idea if you're trying to make your marriage healthier.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• bad idea
    It'd be better to find out why he turns you down. Don't make threats you're not going to follow through on, like finding someone else.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:49 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Bad, bad idea. A comment like this may make him think you are already getting some from someone else or make him paranoid and retaliate.
    I would just sit down with him and ask him why he doesn't want to be intimate. Maybe he has a medical condition???
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:51 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i think its a bad idea
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 12:50 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• i love lovinangels answer that one would be perfect
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• Bad idea. You want to fix it and that will only make him upset. You've got to get to the depths of why this is happening between you two. How long has this been going on? Did something happen in your lives when it happened? I he depressed at all? Is there another relationship? You need to find out why, not add to the problem with sarcasm. Not being mean..just being honest.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:52 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I agree....sounds like a bad idea to me too.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 12:58 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I agree with the pp's - not a good idea. As has been said, a better idea would be to ask him what's going on - if there's a reason for it, and what you could do as a couple to work on it. Let him know that you love him, and want to be with him, but that a healthy and active sex life is important for you to feel that connection and bond with him, and that you would like to fix this part of your marriage before it drives a wedge in there and maybe causes irreversible damage.

Start with something like that, and try to get to the bottom of it before you resort to basically giving an ultimatum or threatening to cheat or leave him for someone else - that's going to just make things worse.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:02 AM on Jul. 26, 2010