What is reasonable to pay a young "Mother's Helpers" to help at a party I am having at my house?

I want to have a BBQ at my house that is kid-friendly, but have the chance to get caught up with other parents. My house is good sized and the downstairs level is very kid-friendly with all of my children's toys and set-up. If I had several kids ages 8 months to 4 years old, what would be a fair flat rate to charge a helper for this function. I was thinking two to three helpers for 8 kids. Just to have the kids be entertained and monitered and safe. The youngest ones will mostly be with their parents. The helpers are all about 12-13 years of age. The party will be four to five hours long.

Jennygreenteeth

Asked by Jennygreenteeth at 12:55 AM on Jul. 26, 2010 in General Parenting

• $20-$25 bucks each. $5 each hour
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would say $5-$8/hr. Have fun at your party!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:04 AM on Jul. 26, 2010

• I would say around $25 each.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 26, 2010